Do you have a property tax refund coming? You may, if you overpaid your property taxes.  The Auditor keeps track of all excess payments made on any real estate, mobile home, personal property, or drain accounts within the County. This is called a surplus. If a surplus exists, the property owner is notified by the Auditor's office. You can now search for surplus using our online searchable database. 

Click the "How to Claim Surplus Taxes" link below to learn how to claim your surplus along with some frequently asked questions, and then hit the "Property Tax Surplus Lookup" to begin searching our online database.

pdfHow to Claim Surplus Taxes

Property Tax Surplus Lookup


Nicholas D. Jordan, CPA

 Auditor of Allen County

Auditor's Office

Contact Info

1 E Main Street, Suite 102
Rousseau Centre
Fort Wayne, IN 46802

M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm

Phone: 260-449-7241
Fax: 260-449-7679

Nicholas D. Jordan, CPA
Finance and Budget Director
Jackie Scheuman, CPA
Property Tax Administrator
Renata Renninger