Frequently Asked Questions - Election Board - Can I Vote?

FAQs - Election Board - Can I Vote?

No.  You must be a U.S. Citizen to register and vote.

17 year olds who will be 18 by the November election are eligible to register and vote in the Primary election. However, they are not permitted to vote on any public question on the ballot. A special 17 year old ballot that does not include the public question(s) is available for those voters.

The Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) is a combined voter registration and absentee ballot application available only to military and overseas voters.   More information about voting while overseas or in the military is available in this guide.

At a polling location, a voter with a disability or who is unable to read or write English may designate anyone to assist them, including a relative or friend, except for a voter's employer or their union representative. A voter may also be assisted by two poll workers (each of a different political party.) An affidavit must be completed BEFORE entering the voting machine booth to assist the voter. No one who assists a voter may disclose information about how that person voted.

Each voting location will have at least one booth and voting panel that have been designated for ADA use. These booths have shorter legs with leg extenders that make them more accessible to a person seated in a wheelchair. Machines designated for ADA use will have "Double Talk" hardware which will assist visually impaired voters to hear the ballot through headphones.

Voters with disabilities can vote by mail if they are able to personally mark the ballot. A person with disabilities who is unable to make a voting mark on the ballot or sign the absentee ballot security envelope must vote before an absentee voter board. Contact us for more information.

Indiana allows students to choose about where to register to vote.  If you are attending college, you may change your registration and vote at your campus address or choose to remain registered at your home address.  If registered at your home address, you can request a mailed ballot or come home to vote. 

In Indiana, voting rights of convicted persons are restored upon their release from incarceration.  An individual, who has been released from prison, even if on probation, parole or home detention, may register to vote and vote in elections. 

As long as you are a registered voter in Allen County, you can vote in your previous precinct one last time, but will be required to complete a form to update your address.

Election Board

Contact Info

1 E Main, Suite 172,
Fort Wayne IN 46802

M-F 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

(260) 449-7329 (phone)
(260) 449-7908 (fax)
Email: Election Board

Campaign Finance Questions

Absentee Voting Questions

Poll Worker Questions

Election Board Members:
Christopher M. Nancarrow
Thomas A. Hardin
Timothy M. Pape