Public Input Sought on Proposed Drone Ordinance
The Allen County Commissioners have worked to develop an unmanned aircraft systems ordinance to regulate those wishing to operate drones within unincorporated Allen County while recognizing the need to protect citizens and public safety personnel where heightened safety concerns are present.
The full text of the ordinance can be found at Title 8 - Article 37 Drone Ordinance
The Allen County Board of Commissioners: F. Nelson Peters, Richard E. Beck, Jr. and Therese M. Brown
Per I.C. 5-14-1.5-5(c), notice is hereby given that the Allen County Board of Commissioners will hold its Legislative Sessions at 10 AM each Friday throughout 2023. The meetings will be held in the Council Courtroom, Suite 035 of Citizens Square, 200 East Berry Street, Fort Wayne, unless otherwise announced.
As the executive branch, the Board of Commissioners may approve policies that affect nearly 1,350 full-time county employees and another 400 part-time employees.
As the legislative branch, the Commissioners pass ordinances that primarily affect unincorporated (not within a city or town) areas of the county.
It is the only body in all of county government that can receive bids for projects and services and sign contracts.
What We Do:
- Receive bids for projects and services and sign contracts.
- Authorize all claims on county budgets.
- Decision-making authority over planning and zoning in the county.
- Supervise construction and maintenance of 1,327 miles of county roads and nearly 400 bridge structures.
- Issue bonds or approve lease-purchase agreements to borrow money for the county.
- Serve as the Drainage Board, which oversees the legal drainage system in the county.
- Operates and maintains all County facilities, including the historic Allen County Courthouse.
Allen County Board of Commissioners
The three member Allen County Board of Commissioners serves as both the executive and legislative branches of County government. While they are required to reside within their specific geographic districts, the County Commissioners are elected at-large by all Allen County voters. You may click on a highlighted name in order to send an email to an individual commissioner or staff member.