Please visit our new site at www.nircc.com!
NIRCC is the agency designated by the Governor to perform general purpose planning on a regional basis for Adams, Allen, DeKalb, and Wells Counties. NIRCC coordinates with other planning efforts to maximize benefits to the respective communities. NIRCC provides regional transportation planning services for both rural and urban communities within its jurisdiction. NIRCC is also heavily involved in various community development programs, both in the planning and implementation stages.
What We Do:
- Performs transportation planning functions for the urbanized area of Allen County, including systems for highway, transit, bicycle and pedestrian travel.
- Performs studies through traffic monitoring and surveillance programs which gather vital information on traffic volumes, intersection flow, accident analysis, travel time, travel delay, capacity assessment, highway and transit demand forecasting, and site impact analysis.
- Supports the development and maintenance of long-range transportation plans, congestion management programs, and transportation capital improvement programs.
- Works to improve the safety, accessibility, and mobility of people and freight throughout the metropolitan region.
- Supports the economic vitality of the region, protects and enhances the environment, preserves the existing transportation system, and to improve the region's overall quality of life.